The Learning Communities Institute (LCI) is committed to supporting growth of the learning communities model through scholarship as well as personal and professional development of students and faculty across the continuum of learning.
The sustainability of the LCI will rely on outreach to new learning communities and future leaders in health professions education.
Establishment of this award will allow the LCI to invite new participation, acknowledge scholarship, and support the professional development of young leaders in health professions education.
- Faculty within five years of completing training
- Abstract submitted to the LCI Annual Conference
- Indicate interest in consideration for this award during the abstract submission
- Quality of abstract submitted to the LCI Annual Conference
- The significance of the role played by the nominee in the project
- Strength of CV
- After the abstract has been submitted please upload one copy of the nominee’s
CV here → upload CV
- Potential for candidate to contribute significantly to the improvement of medical education/ LCs
Benefits for Awardees
- Lunch with a member of the LCI leadership before the Annual Conference
- An oral presentation at the LCI Annual Conference
- Airfare and accommodations up to $1000
2016 : Katharina Brandl, R.Ph, Ph.D. (University of California San Diego)
2015: Eve Privman, MD-PhD candidate (University of Virginia)
2014: Zachary Cordner, PhD, MD candidate (Johns Hopkins)