This Award is given annually to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the development of learning communities in medical education.
Ron Arky, MD, Professor of Medicine and Director of the Francis Peabody Society at the Harvard University School of Medicine, has been a steadfast leader and supporter of medical school learning communities. It was Ron’s voice that argued most forcefully that it was time for medical learning community leaders to formalize and create the LCI as a means to propel meaningful change in medical education. Ron has also been an important benefactor for the LCI, providing a generous gift to enable us to begin as an organization. This award is named after Dr. Arky as a means to continually appreciate his contributions to the LCI and to the learning communities movement.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Award to be conveyed at the Learning Communities Institute Annual Meeting September, 2018 in New York City.
- The call for nominations will be posted by April 1, 2018
- The nominator should complete a nominating letter on behalf of the nominee, along with a second letter of recommendation submitted to the Arky Award Committee by June 22, 2018.
- The Arky Award Committee will review all nominations and identify the recommended winner of the award.
- The recommendation will be forwarded to the LCI executive council for final approval by June 30, 2018.
- The winner of the award will be notified and encouraged to attend the LCI meeting by July 15, 2018.
- The Arky Award will be presented by the Award Committee Chair at the LCI Annual Meeting September 29-30, 2018 in New York City, NY.
Arky Award Gift
- $200 is allocated in the LCI annual budget for a plaque or other appropriate gift to be given at the Award presentation.
- Fund travel, hotel, meals up to $800
- Free tuition to the conference
Please email Mark Whipple at email@example.com with any questions about the Ron Arky Award or nominations.
Past Award Winners
2017 Arky Awardee: Peter Densen, M.D.
Peter Densen, M.D.
2016 Arky Awardee: Erika Goldstein, M.D.
Erica Goldstein, MD and Ronald A. Arky, MD
2015 Arky Awardee: Rob Shochet, M.D.
Rob Shochet, MD, FACP and Ronald A. Arky, MD
2014 Arky Awardee: Louise Arnold, PhD
Video acceptance of Arky Award by Dr. Arnold
Louise Arnold, PhD and Ronald A. Arky, MD
The Arky Award 2014